- minor scratches and dirty spots
- no broken plastic edges
- no Hardware such as screws, nuts or bolts
- no warranty
PowerPods for Power are a better option than bracket mounting. PowerPods provide a clean look for flush mounting with the advantage of a swivel base.
The trunion bracket that is supplied with most electronics is not optimal. PowerPods have the advantage of protecting the back of the electronics from harsh saltwater spray. Most manufacturers do an excellent job of protecting the face of the display from water intrusion with sealed rubber push buttons. The back is generally not waterproof. They are expecting you to flush mount it into the console or a NavPod. The PowerPod also protects the plastic connectors and wires from deterioration caused by long term exposure to UV.
All New PowerPods include: (See below for items that may be missing on used PowerPods)
- Acrylic capped ABS plastic
- Chromed Stainless Steel tamper-proof fasteners
- Double seal for watertight integrity
- Swivel Base with large pass-through for wire harness
- 4 Screws that hold the Display head on the front bezel of the pod
- 8 Screws that hold the front bezel of the pod to the rear
- 4 Screws that hold the pod to deck or dash
This pod is precut, the cutout is 11.25inches wide by 7.25inches high.
It has 4 holes predrilled.
We do not know what it fits or fits in it.
A Northstar 6000i or 6100i would fit, but the one i tried fit the cutout but the flush mount screws on the unit did not match the screw holes on the pod, so it would need different holes drilled in it to mount the display unit.
NavPod, PowerPod, Precut, Used